UMet is a Windows 7/Vista gadget for monitoring usage of your bandwidth allowance.
In its standard gadget mode, it’s a small, unobtrusive meter, while still offering a wealth of information including:
- your account name
- the percentage of quote used
- how far into your current billing cycle you are
- new version available for download (click to install)
When your usage exceeds the billing period, ie you’ve used 70% of your bandwidth quota in 50% of your billing period, the bar changes to orange. When you’re over quota, the bar changes to red.
- Title: The text at the top of the meter, In the above examples, it would be “My Work Plan”.
- Username: Your username you use to connect to your internet service.
- Password: The password you use to connect to your internet service.
- Service: Once the username and password are filled in, all services your account has access to will be listed in the drop down box. Choose the required one.
- ISP: Only Internode is currently supported.
Once all options have been completed, click OK.
Clicking the “more..” link, will display additional details relating to your service.